Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Where can I get my GED in Chicago Illinois?


Where can I get my GED in Chicago Illinois?
I will like to know were can I get my GED in Chicago Illinois without beign so hard, I just quit today from LCA. I'm 16. Or what's the easy way to get to collage without going to high school. I could go back to high school, but I don't want to. Please help. Thank you
Other - Education - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Check your local community college. Ours offers GED tests at the cost of about $20 per test (I think there are about 5-6 tests). There may be programs that pay those costs for low income students, so you might want to ask about that if you think you might qualify . Talk to an advisor at the college and see what you need, aside from a GED, to enroll in college. Best of luck to you!


2
I actually dropped out at the begining of the school year. I was told that i didn't need my GED to get into a tech school but you should get it anyway. If you want to get into a university or something, you need you're GED, plus you have to do the SAT's. I got my GED at my high school. They offered a special class where someone was there to help you prepare for the GED testing. Try going to you're high school and asking what you should do to prepare for the GED test and ask them if there is someone there that can help you. The best way to prepare is to have someone there to help you. I know that if i didn't have my aid, i wouldn't have passed. I don't think i could have studied the books that most people get. For me, there were 5 tests total. Science. Social Studies. Mathmatics. Language arts. And a writing part where i had to write an essay. Each was $20. I'm not gonna tell you if it's hard or not because my aid told me to never tell a GED testee that it's easy or hard because it's different for everyone. She also told me that 3 out of 5 high school students can't pass the GED test. Don't worry though, to me, it was fairly easy :) Good Luck! Just keep in mind that since you dropped out of high school, you need you're GED. You're going to need a job to at least help get you into college and you'll need a GED to get a job.

Popular Posts