Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Everything IMSA, do I have a chance?


Everything IMSA, do I have a chance?
I am planning to apply to the Ilinois Math and Science Academy. I want to pursue a career in forensics, so I think this school would benefit me greatly. Here is my info: Location: Chicago area Grades: All A's in english and math and in science A+'s from the past two years Freshman classes: I am taking honors english, honors biology and honors geometry (would it affect me that my school offers algebra II but I can't take it?) G.P.A: since 7th grade about 3.999, but last year I received my all time low 3.8 something. the G.P.A from school can only go up to about 4.1 Gender: Female Ethnicity: Hispanic Extracurriculars: Figure skating, volleyball and some dance Clubs: Science Olympiad and a competing math club SAT: I am currently studying a LOT, I am taking it in a few months I am attending the EIP program to show my interest in the school What are my chances considering there is a lot of competetion from where I live, and my not so spectacular grades? I forgot to mention I am also in band and choir, if that helps at all. And my teacher evaluations, I expect, are really good.
Other - Education - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
You sound like every other person applying to IMSA. I really can't help you until you get your SAT scores, which separates the men from the boys. Seriously, study a LOT. And make sure your essays are great. And stop thinking "my all time low" or "I usually do better", because IMSA won't care. You have what you have, and crying over how you usually should do better is not going to do anything. Another thing to consider is getting over your perfectionism. I am also a perfectionist, and I will tell you that perfectionism and IMSA is bound to end badly. Just something to keep in mind.

Popular Posts